Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Motorcycle Technical Forums > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tips & Tricks Have a trick or tip you want to share? This is the place to give out usefull advice.

------------ ------------
Old 04-12-2006
cephjedi

I can't get the Battery Box off my Dyna!

In the context of a forum like this, I fear this may be a newbie question but here goes.

The battery on my 2000 wide glide is done and needs to be replaced, but I'm at a loss to figure out how the hell to get the battery box off. There's no screws I can find, no latches, nothin! It seems to be glued together.

Do any of you folks have a little wisdom or experience to share with me?

Many thanks in advance! Jim

Old 04-12-2006
NCFatBoy Offline
Ridin The Back Roads/Super Moderator

My Mood:
NCFatBoy is on a distinguished road
Re: I can't get the Battery Box off my Dyna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephjedi
In the context of a forum like this, I fear this may be a newbie question but here goes.

The battery on my 2000 wide glide is done and needs to be replaced, but I'm at a loss to figure out how the hell to get the battery box off. There's no screws I can find, no latches, nothin! It seems to be glued together.

Do any of you folks have a little wisdom or experience to share with me?

Many thanks in advance! Jim
Not sure on a Dyna, someone here will know.. I would guess you have to take the seat off.
Arcade
Challenge NCFatBoy in the Arcade!
Old 04-13-2006
K - B

The battery comes out, not the box. The best tool for your collection will be an service manual.
Old 05-23-2006
JEFFREY01

first you have to take off the seat. make sure you take off screw behind seat. once you get seat off its no problem from there
Old 05-23-2006
03FLSTCI

Best investment for you will be the HD Service Manual, available from your dealer.

I could not figure out how to access the battery in my wife's 05 Dyna Superglide Custom last year, until I got the HD Service Manual. It was very complicated. All I wanted to do was add the Battery Tender leads to the battery terminals.

First, remove the seat.
Then, on an 05 Dyna Superglide Custom, you have to lower the rear of the battery box after removing an exterior bolt located near the ignition key spot, on the right side of the bike, under the seat. Once I did that, I could move the battery slightly in the battery box and access the battery terminals.

They don't make it easy to get to the Dyna battery.

Hope this helps.