Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Motorcycle Technical Forums > Engine Stuff
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Engine Stuff Questions about all things engine related? Here's a place for all you gearheads to sit and discuss your favorite V-twin engine, what you liked or disliked, and improvements you've made.

------------ ------------
Old 10-01-2010
rednectum

Re: 120r

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerjlk View Post
not sure what you are referring to. or even why?
this is a 120 r thread. so I posted about my conversation with Jim's,because there is a lot of BS out there about the cranks (lot's of it in this thread also) ....everyone speculating.
so I called them. got an answer from the source, a lot of people were speculating was the manufacture. they are not.
I posted about Harley racer because it was said "he didnt get his numbers"
truth is ...it hasn't been tuned yet.
I was going to be tuning his bike, but logistics and my hours of operation were not going to work out. I have been in contact with the tuner that is now going to do his tune. I have been following the 120r on several forums,and that is what brought me here as well.
nothing more nothing less
he still wont make 135 hp. no matter who tunes it. thats the bullshit im watchin.

Old 10-01-2010
strokerjlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednectum View Post
he still wont make 135 hp. no matter who tunes it. thats the bullshit im watchin.
0 I think I could get 135 hp out of it,if I tuned it.
I seen one go 127 already. looking at the combination and seeing it was v-tuned and left in closed loop.don't think it would be a stretch to get 135 hp.
are you my ole coon ass buddy ......Dennis?
Old 10-01-2010
wolffman Offline
Banned Members
Supreme Member

My Mood:
wolffman has a spectacular aura aboutwolffman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I believe it.

Quote:
Why didnt you tune it? Just sayen.
Old 10-01-2010
strokerjlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffman View Post

I believe it.

Why didnt you tune it? Just sayen.
the logistics and my hours of operation.
I don't like to do 1 day tunes. I like to have them a few days. this way I can make sure they are right. I set afr and set timing ,then afr ,then tweak timing so on and so on. then I like to ride them on the street . this way I protect my reputation ,and deliver a first rate running bike. I do this because I have a passion for it. not for the money. not that I don't like to get payed but the satisfaction and shit eating grins that cant be wiped off make it all worthwhile.
Old 10-02-2010
rednectum

Quote:
I seen one go 127 already. looking at the combination and seeing it was v-tuned and left in closed loop.don't think it would be a stretch to get 135 hp.
are you my ole coon ass buddy ......Dennis?
hehe, wuts up? hd advertised 135. they had one off tuned exhaust, one off handmade intake and heads that were not available to the public. that said, people fell all over the latest bandwagon.

stroker, i know you can make it run right, but why cant anyone else? i would like to play with one too, you know, the one hd advertised and everyone went wild over. put it on my dyno, which shows around 12-15 percent less than terrisi dyno and damned it boy.

dare i say the jims 120 is a better configuration?
Old 10-02-2010
strokerjlk

Quote:
hehe, wuts up? hd advertised 135. they had one off tuned exhaust, one off handmade intake and heads that were not available to the public. that said, people fell all over the latest bandwagon.

stroker, i know you can make it run right, but why cant anyone else? i would like to play with one too, you know, the one hd advertised and everyone went wild over. put it on my dyno, which shows around 12-15 percent less than terrisi dyno and damned it boy.

dare i say the jims 120 is a better configuration?
from what I have gathered the 135 hp motor is the crate motor 10.5 pistons (advertised) MVA heads and the 266 cams. exhaust? was it the wegner X pipe? know one seems to know.
the 145 hp motor is with the 12.1 (advertised) pistons,Hurricane heads, RX 267 cams,and the 62 mm T/B and manifold,all available from SE. Wegner X pipe.
yea I know all about the 12-15 percent lower dyno numbers got the same thing going on here. you know....same dyno you got. one thing I have been able to do with all there other kits or stage packages .....is I always exceed what they advertise. maybe diff with this one because they could have used the wegner pipe on the 135 hp motor. some say V&H 2-1 WHO KNOWS.
Jim's probably is a better configuration with it's 4.500 stroke 4.125 bore.
but they are 1/3 the price more. and really need to be disassembled and addressed before installed also. I got a h*ll of a quote on buying one of these 120r's and most likely will. got a couple ideas floating around. but one is pull it apart send the crank and heads to WFO and then put in a t-man 662-1 cam. even talked to Lunati about one of there cams. who knows?

always thinking. you know me... the demon on the shoulder keeps saying throw it in ,tune the hell out of it and see what the crank does...you got 60,000 miles on a 07 crank that everyone said would never hold up once you crossed the 100/100 mark
Old 10-02-2010
wolffman Offline
Banned Members
Supreme Member

My Mood:
wolffman has a spectacular aura aboutwolffman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
the logistics and my hours of operation.
I don't like to do 1 day tunes. I like to have them a few days. this way I can make sure they are right. I set afr and set timing ,then afr ,then tweak timing so on and so on. then I like to ride them on the street . this way I protect my reputation ,and deliver a first rate running bike. I do this because I have a passion for it. not for the money. not that I don't like to get payed but the satisfaction and shit eating grins that cant be wiped off make it all worthwhile.
I understand all of it.

Where you at in IL?
Old 10-02-2010
strokerjlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffman View Post
I understand all of it.

Where you at in IL?
Mattoon.....
Old 10-03-2010
rednectum

STROKER is a good guy and good tuner wolfman.
Old 10-03-2010
strokerjlk

Quote:
STROKER is a good guy and good tuner wolfman.

AHH shucks thanks for the flowers man.
you are one of the goods one's also. I can always expect a no BS answer from you my man even if it wasent what I wanted to hear.
your gonna love this. rite heer
HD racers dyno sheet