Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Softails
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Softails Got any variation of Softail, here's your forum

------------ ------------
Old 03-25-2010
BoomerBob Offline
Ride Hard Ride Free
Supreme Member

BoomerBob will become famous soon enough
Replacing TSSM with TSM to get rid of Security Function

Has anyone done this? I want to do this because I can buy the TSM for less than a visit to the dealer and never have to worry about the TSSM and ECM going out of sync again like it appears to have done now.

When this happens the security module acts like a kill switch and doesn't allow the bike to start. Nothing happens when you hit the start button. No click. Nothing.

This would really suck if I had to change out the battery or something on a trip and they went out of sync leaving me stranded.

Old 03-25-2010
DaFish Offline
Banned Members
Supreme Member

My Mood:
DaFish will become famous soon enough
Re: Replacing TSSM with TSM to get rid of Security Function

None of my bikes have the alarm........By MY choice!

DaFish
Old 03-25-2010
BoomerBob Offline
Ride Hard Ride Free
Supreme Member

I hear ya Fish. I think I'm going to spend the $75 and get the TSM (Turn Signal Module) to replace the TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module) which can easily become out of sync.

I got lucky this time. I went out to try something a friend mention by putting it in gear, rocking it forward, put it in neutral, and trying again. It worked but I think it worked because even though the neutral light was on before it might not have been in neutral. On these newer bikes the bike won't start or even turn over if it's not in neutral. Like I said. I got lucky this time. Maybe not so much next time. I can always lock the forks and ignition if I want to secure it with out the security device.

It's been a helluva week for bikes for me. Other than just changing out the choke cable on the bagger when it gets in I think I'll just leave things alone for a while.
Old 03-29-2010
BoomerBob Offline
Ride Hard Ride Free
Supreme Member

Was talking with some fellow riders the other day about this issue and one guy said some radio waves were interfering with the key fob to bike connection so he pushed his bike about 25 yards and it started right up.

I wonder if cars are having this problem that use a similar technology.

It looks like all someone needs to do to after they steal a bike is change out that module and they are good to go unless the ignition and forks have been locked and then they have to work at it a little more. I imagine most stolen bikes are stripped for parts anyway.
Old 03-30-2010
Ovair Offline
Love the long haul

My Mood:
Ovair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerBob View Post
I wonder if cars are having this problem that use a similar technology.

Yeah, Toyotas.
Challenge Ovair in the Arcade!