Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > CycleChat Community Forums > Off Topics > PhotoShop Stuff
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PhotoShop Stuff Need a photo shopped, new signature made, post it here. Keep em clean

------------ ------------
Old 02-03-2010
sexytattooedlady Offline
Shockwave's Old Lady....

My Mood:
sexytattooedlady will become famous soon enough
Fotomix Tutorial

I am going to create a simple graphic and show you the steps as I do it. I am going to put the Shockwave's Sporty into a landscape background. As you mess with the program, you will be able to create graphics like the one I created for Shockwave's Signature picture. I created it only after using the program for two days.

Let's get started. This is a really easy program to figure out.... I am going to post screenshots to help guide you.

Step 1:
I need to import a background photo. On the left side of the screen you need to select Photo Background. Below photo background, select Import. Select the background picture that you want.

The background I have chosen

Step 2:
Select the Foreground Tab from the menu bar at the top. In the foreground, you need to select Import, in the side panel. When you select Import, Click on Open. Select the photo you want merged with the background.

Step 3:
Once the foreground picture has been imported, I am going to "Paint" the background around the Sporty to remove the background. Select "Eraser" in the side panel.You can chose the color you want to paint the background. This is located below brush size. I have chose Green by selecting the radio button.

Step 4:
Start painting the background. For the areas of background that have alot of space, I use the Brush size of 50.

Step 5:
When I have the large areas of background painted, I need to paint the edges next to the Sporty. Here, I am going to select a smaller brush size and I am going to zoom in the picture, to get down to a pixel level.

Step 6:
As you paint the background, you are going to chose smaller size brushes. You are also going to use the zoom tool frequently. In the sections of the picture that are really small, I typically use the brush size of 1 or 3 with the picture zoomed to the point of seeing the actual pixels. For me it is 40 or above.

As you get more used to the program, background painting and pixel level will become alot easier for you. The more zoomed in the picture is, the easier it is for you to get all of the tiny areas of background that you want to remove.

Periodically, zoom out to see areas of the picture that need to be removed.

Step 7:
I have the background completely painted.

Click on the Composition tab in the Menu Bar at the top. I need to move the Sporty so it looks natural in the background picture. Since it is now dead center in the middle of the picture.

To move the Sporty, I am going to left click with my mouse and drag it to the the bottom left of the background picture.

Step 8:
You can add text to your picture.... Click on Add Text in the top of the Left Side Panel. It will open a window for me to add text. To change the color or Font, click the "new" button. You can also change the size of the text here, as well.

To move the text where you want it, just click and drag. You can add text shadow, change the angle of the shadow in the left Side Panel... Play with the different settings until you get the desired effect. You also have the option to rotate, make the text transparent. Mess with different settings, see what you get and what you like.

Step 9:
For this graphic, I don't need to use the "Touch Up" tab in the menu bar. I am going to skip it and go directly to the "Finish Tab".

I am done! If you want, you can add a frame to your picture from the Left Side Panel. You can change Size, Color and Shadow. Again, mess around with different settings, the more you mess with it, the more you learn.

I am going to save my picture. Click "Save" in the Left Side Panel and that is it! You are finished...

Saving one dog will not change the world; but for that one dog the world is changed forever. "We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and the otherwise homely faces. It is our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness, and defeat and find the true soul that lies within. We are Rescue." ~Kathie Sullivan-Parkes

Last edited by sexytattooedlady : 02-03-2010 at 11:47.

Old 02-03-2010
j1mmyr1chter Offline
Jimmy

j1mmyr1chter is on a distinguished road
Re: Fotomix Tutorial

Nicely done. Thanks for the step by step.

2006 Saxon Black Crown
"Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn"
Old 02-03-2010
NZHeritageMike Offline
KIWI RIDER
Supreme Member

My Mood:
NZHeritageMike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the information, will have to give this a go.
Old 02-03-2010
Redfat100 Offline
Black Hills Heart
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Redfat100 will become famous soon enough

That's some very good info. Between that and my Photo Shop I might actually be able to do something cool.

NRA Life Member
2007 HD Fatboy
Custom Fenders, paint, bars, grips,extended forward controls. and Lepara/Roberti custom seat
Metzler tires with DNA Mammoth Spoke wheels
V&H exhaust / Samson exhaust

Ok, open your mouth and prove you're an idiot!

MY GALLERY
Old 02-03-2010
Haywire Online!
Super Moderator
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Haywire is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tutorial. Much appreciated.

Guardians Of the Children Canada

"If the end is so much better why don't we live forever?" Shinedown
Old 02-03-2010
Shockwave Offline
The world needs guts/mod
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Shockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the rough

Hey,,, that looks like my bike!!!
Old 02-03-2010
sexytattooedlady Offline
Shockwave's Old Lady....

My Mood:
sexytattooedlady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
Hey,,, that looks like my bike!!!
Yep it is your bike.... She is forever immortalized! LOL

Saving one dog will not change the world; but for that one dog the world is changed forever. "We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and the otherwise homely faces. It is our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness, and defeat and find the true soul that lies within. We are Rescue." ~Kathie Sullivan-Parkes
Old 02-03-2010
Smarty52 Offline
Banned Members
Supreme Member

Smarty52 is on a distinguished road

So cool for you to show us all how to do this. My wife just mentioned a couple of days ago about taking a class like this. This is great, no class now!
Old 02-03-2010
Daman Offline
Veni, Vidi, Vici/Super Mod
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Daman is a jewel in the roughDaman is a jewel in the roughDaman is a jewel in the roughDaman is a jewel in the rough

Great work

Thanks

I wish I was rich instead of good looking

Arcade
Challenge Daman in the Arcade!
Old 02-03-2010
rednectum

thanks for this. my second wife was a graphic artist. she tried to show me programs and i would get a headache!

gotta play with this one. how bout more tutorials if you have time? you make it like even a neanderthal (me) can understand. lol