Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Metric Cruisers > Honda Cruisers
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Honda Cruisers Honda Cruiser Riders here is your Spot. From VTX1300, VTX1800, Shadow, Ace, Spirit, Sabre, Aero, Retro, or Classic.

------------ ------------
Old 06-29-2009
RAGDADDY

Vtx 1800 Mods

Ok, I changed my stock exhaust to the Vance and Hines Big Shots w the slash cuts in them. These pipes rock but... I ordered a Power Commander that hasn't arrived yet. The exhaust sounds radical as hell, it pops a bit when I let off of the throttle. I cannot stand the popping sound it makes, it's just plain ignorant.

I'm hoping that when I hook up the Power Commander it will take care of the fuel mixture n STOP this annoying popping. Has anyone had the same problem? Will the PW take care of this issue?

Old 06-29-2009
Heritage Dru Offline
2-Wheel Traveler

Heritage Dru will become famous soon enough
Re: Vtx 1800 Mods

Yes, the PC should take care of the popping on decel. Popping on deceleration is a typical symptom of running lean. Since you added bigger pipes (you are flowing more air) which means you need to flow more fuel too; that's where the PC comes in.
Old 06-30-2009
rednectum

its a crap shoot with those pipes. untunable, but maybe the map will work well for ya.
Old 07-01-2009
RAGDADDY

Thanx for your replies guys, appreciate it. I can't wait to burn these pipes in some... if the weather in Chicago EVER stays consistent! I contemplated pulling the baffles out, wonder if it will be too loud hmm... lol
Old 07-02-2009
rednectum

OH, NO another 200 decibel briggs and stratton about to hit the street.
Old 07-09-2009
RAGDADDY

Shut Up Stupid!!! Lol
Old 07-09-2009
RAGDADDY

Oh stop Mr. irritated neck guy...lol! Believe you me, I AM one of the MOST PRO-AMERICAN dude you'll EVER meet. My three Mustang GTz are American, so am I! I love to ride Bro... My father is the Harley guy, that's kool with me. We don't box over the parts on our modes of transportation! You and I BOTH know that ur lil' hoggy has got a VERY large percentage of Japanese parts on it, if you argue different, you are not being honest with yourself! At least my Briggs & Stratton won't leak oil all over the planet lol !!

"SEMPER FI" BROTHER USMC
Old 07-10-2009
larrybserg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGDADDY View Post
Oh stop Mr. irritated neck guy...lol! Believe you me, I AM one of the MOST PRO-AMERICAN dude you'll EVER meet. My three Mustang GTz are American, so am I! I love to ride Bro... My father is the Harley guy, that's kool with me. We don't box over the parts on our modes of transportation! You and I BOTH know that ur lil' hoggy has got a VERY large percentage of Japanese parts on it, if you argue different, you are not being honest with yourself! At least my Briggs & Stratton won't leak oil all over the planet lol !!

"SEMPER FI" BROTHER USMC
true, but it's not a Harley. and you try and make your VTX look and sound like one. . if your trying to get one like the real thing, just get the real thing, JMHO
the PC should help your decel pop. but there are other products, since you are using V&H pipes I'd recommend the V&H Fuelpak, easy to install and set up.
I use the TTS mastertune, best in my book
Old 07-10-2009
rednectum

RAGDADDY, i wasnt knocking the bike, just the addition of those pipes, specially with baffle removed. i fix metric v-twins all the time, and its always the same thing. remove JET KIT, install oem keihen emulsion tube, remove centerfold pipes, install OEM exhaust, or slip ons, or 2-1, jet correctly.

after you see the low end dissapear and the new wears off that exhaust noise, you will see what i am talking about.

BTW, my bike leans no oil, and will embarrass that 1800 any way ya wanna compare performance. but thats not where i was headed, i just try my best to help people-----even if it hurts initially.

sorry man, didnt mean to hurt your feelings.
Old 07-10-2009
RAGDADDY

Bro... you did not hurt my feelings lol! Just F'in with you!!! I appreciate the advise truly though. I am not going to take out the baffles on the VTX anyway, it's already loud enough.

By the way... my V-Max will run over pretty much ANY bike that takes my 1800 dog of a cruiser anyway lol!! The cruiser is to CRUISE... if I want to ride like my hair's on fire, I'll pull out the 145hp V-MAX and run light to light n embarrass some "Ride to Live/Live to Ride" peeps!! lol

Oh also, to the gentleman advising to get the REAL HARLEY stuff... it aint that serious Brother. I just like to ride and have a nice rumble to my scoot! What does JMHO meananyway

I LOVE MY COUNTRY BROTHERS!!!!!!! "SEMPER FI"