Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Metric Cruisers > Suzuki Cruisers
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Suzuki Cruisers Suzuki Cruiser Riders here is your spot. Intruder, Volusia, Marauder, Boulevard, Suzuki Motorcycles.

------------ ------------
Old 03-13-2009
Triggerider

12 Volt Outlet

I am thinking of adding a 12 volt outlet on my C90T to power my GPS unit.
Anyone ever done this mod, and if so, where did you mount the socket?

Old 03-13-2009
imrotton2 Offline
just passn thru
Supreme Member

My Mood:
imrotton2 is on a distinguished road
Re: 12 Volt Outlet

you want to put it where you wont have wire hangiing everwhere... some folks choose handle bars... mine is mounted in faring ( kinda out of the weather and easy to reach)
Old 03-13-2009
Ogur 1%er Offline
Administrator
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Ogur 1%er is a glorious beacon of lightOgur 1%er is a glorious beacon of lightOgur 1%er is a glorious beacon of lightOgur 1%er is a glorious beacon of lightOgur 1%er is a glorious beacon of lightOgur 1%er is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like the the front fork area may be a good spot. What does the local motorcycle shop suggest?

"Better to be judged by twelve than to be carried by six"

Knees In The Breeze
Old 03-13-2009
Shockwave Offline
The world needs guts/mod
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Shockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the rough

I machined out a mount that attached to the speedo bolt on my Sporty. Used a cigarette lighter socket and element from an early 80s Chevy van. Worked out great. Could light a smoke at 60mph.
Why not hard wire a power cord for the GPS, route it with the factory wires and put a stowage dummy plug on the GPS mount? Neat, tidy and easy!
Old 03-13-2009
Triggerider

You're right... hanging wires is the last thing I would want. Thanks for the reply. -Rick
Old 03-13-2009
Triggerider

Haven't checked with anybody but you forum guys yet. Hadn't thought of the front fork... good idea! - Rick
Old 03-13-2009
Triggerider

"...put a stowage dummy plug on the GPS mount? Neat, tidy and easy!"

Not sure what a "stowage dummy plug" is. Can you give me some more info on this or a link to where I can get one? thanks - Rick
Old 03-13-2009
Shockwave Offline
The world needs guts/mod
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Shockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the roughShockwave is a jewel in the rough

Just a place to put the power plug when not in use to keep it from shorting out or flopping around. Maybe drill a hole in the GPS mount and put a rubber vacuum cap in the hole that will hold the power cord end. Just one idea.
Old 03-14-2009
imrotton2 Offline
just passn thru
Supreme Member

My Mood:
imrotton2 is on a distinguished road

somthn like a quick connect plug like used on trickle charger
Old 04-06-2009
BlvdC109RT

They make a handlebar mounted one that's waterproof. You could hide the wires with a small sized corrugated wire conduit.