Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Rally Spot > Trip & Route / Other Rallies Spot
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trip & Route / Other Rallies Spot Here's a place to share your trips, and routes you plan to use, or use regularly.

------------ ------------
Old 12-15-2008
Rusty999

Florida for Xmas

Hi gang! I'm planing a Fly & Ride trip to Ft. Lauderdale on Xmas day, the next day I pick up a street glide and leave to Key West on the 12/27 and then on to Ft Myers on 12/29 to be back in Ft Lauderdale on 12/31 return the bike and fly out on 1/1.
Could any Florida member give me his impression on the kind of weather I'm likely to get? Is it normally good riding weather between Xmas and New Year'sin southern Florida? Any ideas what to visit or ride around the Ft Lauderdale area before heading south to Key West?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-2008
Jaystronghawk Offline
Gun Control= Not Missing
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Jaystronghawk is a jewel in the roughJaystronghawk is a jewel in the roughJaystronghawk is a jewel in the rough
Re: Florida for Xmas

Well there are a Million things to see in South Florida .. but 2 that are a must for me when down that way is the Antique Cars Museum and the Mikkosukee Indian Reservation both go into Floridas Native Culture and worth checking out when in the Fort Lauderdale area. When down in Key West and not to stop in Sloppy Joes is a failure to see Key West .. Was Hemingways Hangout .. and a lot of history behind it as well...
Challenge Jaystronghawk in the Arcade!
Old 12-15-2008
Rusty999

Thanks Jay!
I'll sure look that up while there... How about the weather... warm enough to ride?
Old 12-15-2008
Jaystronghawk Offline
Gun Control= Not Missing
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Jaystronghawk is a jewel in the roughJaystronghawk is a jewel in the roughJaystronghawk is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty999 View Post
Thanks Jay!
I'll sure look that up while there... How about the weather... warm enough to ride?

Unless get an extreme rare cold front which is possible, normal Temps in South FL that time of year run from mid 60's to 80... Thats 18-26 C if need the Conversion.. Also when going through Big Pine Key.. Watch out for the Key Deer they are protected and not shy at all about crossing out in the road only thing that kills these beautiful little creatures anymore are jerk ass cagers that have no respect for anything but getting somewhere in a hurry..
Challenge Jaystronghawk in the Arcade!
Old 12-15-2008
old skool

weather around this time of year for ridding is perfect, i live near the tampa area and i just got in from a ride ( 8:30 at night) and all i had on was a sweatshirt. supposed to be high 70's to low 80's all week this week, you could still hit cold weather but for us thats normaly mid 50's. i would try to take a tour of the everglades on one of those plane engine boats i really think that would be a blast.
Old 12-15-2008
Graywolf Offline
Procrastinate Now!
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Graywolf has a spectacular aura aboutGraywolf has a spectacular aura aboutGraywolf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by old skool View Post
weather around this time of year for ridding is perfect, i live near the tampa area and i just got in from a ride ( 8:30 at night) and all i had on was a sweatshirt. supposed to be high 70's to low 80's all week this week, you could still hit cold weather but for us thats normaly mid 50's. i would try to take a tour of the everglades on one of those plane engine boats i really think that would be a blast.

Skool, ya really should wear pants when you're riding around even if it is warm.

The temperature will be fine for riding. Might get an occasional rain shower. There is plenty to see in south Florida. On the way to Key West, you need to stop off and see the wild dolphins if they are still there. Last time I was down that way there was a place that had some wild dolphins come in every day and do tricks. The little bay was open to the flats and the dolphins could come and go as they pleased. They would come in and put on a pretty good show for a few fish. Can't remember exactly where it was, think maybe up around Big Pine Key. You will get plenty of bridge riding in!

Unregistered Mutant
I was sane once, but I'm better now.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 12-15-2008
Dober-Man Offline
Super Mod
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Dober-Man has a spectacular aura aboutDober-Man has a spectacular aura aboutDober-Man has a spectacular aura about

Hey Rusty...dont forget to take them pictures!!! Have a safe and warm trip.

I have to wait till march for Bikeweek Daytona....are we there yet?
Old 12-15-2008
Rusty999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dober-Man View Post
Hey Rusty...dont forget to take them pictures!!! Have a safe and warm trip.

I have to wait till march for Bikeweek Daytona....are we there yet?
hehehe!!! You have to be patient Rick!
Old 12-15-2008
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywolf View Post
Skool, ya really should wear pants when you're riding around even if it is warm.

The temperature will be fine for riding. Might get an occasional rain shower. There is plenty to see in south Florida. On the way to Key West, you need to stop off and see the wild dolphins if they are still there. Last time I was down that way there was a place that had some wild dolphins come in every day and do tricks. The little bay was open to the flats and the dolphins could come and go as they pleased. They would come in and put on a pretty good show for a few fish. Can't remember exactly where it was, think maybe up around Big Pine Key. You will get plenty of bridge riding in!
:dunno: good one
Old 12-23-2008
Rusty999

Ok, one more day before I leave to Florida...
Anyone in Florida can tell me what the weather forecast for the upcoming week in Southern Florida (Ft Lauderdale, Keys, Ft. Myers) where I'll be spending 7 days with a rented Street Glide?
Any help would be appreciated!