Welcome to the Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Cycle Chat - Motorcycle Chat for Harley Davidson & V-Twin Motorcycle Enthusiasts > CycleChat's Motorcycle Hangout > Motorcycle Technical Forums > V-Twin Exhaust Systems
Register FAQTop Posters Site Rules Members Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

V-Twin Exhaust Systems Questions or comments about exhaust for your motorcycle? Want to know about that great new set of pipes that just came out? This is the place to diiscuss all things to do with exhaust.

------------ ------------
Old 11-17-2004
Bujin

Rejetting new sportster

I'm about to put a set of Screaming Eagle II slip on pipes on my '05 roadster, I'm pretty mechanically inclined but everything I'm reading about rejetting my carb sounds complicated. Is this something I should be trying on my own? or pay the 175 bucks to have the shop do? and where's the best spot to read about whether this really needs to be done or not,,,,

thanks for thoughts,,,

Old 11-17-2004
Hitman Offline
OWNER/ADMIN
Supreme Member

My Mood:
Hitman is just really niceHitman is just really niceHitman is just really niceHitman is just really nice
Smile

Bujin, I just wanted you to know that someone read your post.
I always yank the stock carb, and install an S&S carb.
The only thing I know about stock carbs, is that you can drill a small hole, in the plug at the bottom of the carb, at the rear of the float bowl, pop the plug, and adjust your idle mixture. Don't have any advice on jetting, except if you get a free flowing exhaust, you gotta' richen it up, a bit.

Sorry, I wish I had more for you. But, I just wanted to give you a reply.

Ride Safe

Ride free

Arcade
Challenge Hitman in the Arcade!
Old 11-17-2004
Mike G Offline
Here For The Ride

My Mood:
Mike G is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

The BEST place to find Sportster info is at Sportster.org You will find all the Sportster info you could ever need.
Challenge Mike G in the Arcade!
Old 11-18-2004
Bujin

Thanks for the input and links guys,,, Paying the Harley Tax is always so much fun
Old 11-18-2004
Steeltown

Talking My Pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujin
Thanks for the input and links guys,,, Paying the Harley Tax is always so much fun
I just put the screaming eagle slip on's, on mine, without a rejet and have not had any problems.
As had been said here all ready, I was told you just don't need to. But then again no two bikes are the same so I would start with just the slip ons, and see how your Bike reacts.